How To Use Coconut Oil to Prevent Graying, Balding Hair, and More
The healthy fats and vitamins in coconut oil heal both the scalp and shaft. This can lead to less hair loss and stronger hair growth. It can also help with inflammation and infections which may be the root of a person’s hair loss.
Ready to try it?
These are a couple of simple, easy ways to incorporate coconut oil into your hair routine. The longer the coconut oil is on your hair, the more it works for you!
- In a small bowl, place your desired amount of virgin coconut oil.
- Place the small bowl of coconut oil into an empty larger bowl.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water — just enough to surround the small bowl.
- When the coconut oil is liquid, massage the coconut oil into the scalp and along the hair shaft.
- Wrap your head in a scarf or towel and let soak overnight.
Fractionated coconut oil
- If you are using fractionated coconut oil, apply the coconut oil directly to the hair. I put my fractionated coconut oil in a glass spray bottle to quickly spray my scalp and hair.
- Leave for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wash out. Clarifying shampoo is best to get the coconut oil out. It can be tough on your hair, so only use it once or twice a week.
I have incorporated coconut oil into my daily hair routine and love it!