4 Necessary Steps You Should Take When Thinking About Getting A Tattoo
Obviously, there is some concern about getting a tattoo because when you get a tattoo, you risk getting an infection, pain and wonder about the possibilities of infectious diseases. The process needs to be better understood.
1. Can I Get Infectious Diseases From Tattoo Needles?
There has been some concern recently regarding transmittable diseases (particularly Hepatitis-B and AIDS [HIV]) and tattoo shops. Just as in a dentist’s office, as long as the area is strictly sanitized, your chances for infection will be greatly reduced.
2. Can I Get Aids From Tattooing?
When needles are passed from IDU to IDU and reused without sterilization, some of that blood remains in the syringe and is passed on to the next user. If infected blood is passed, the recipient can become infected with HIV, which leads to AIDS.
Tattooing is VERY different from injecting drugs. The needles used in tattooing are not hollow. They do, however, travel back and forth through a hollow tube that acts as an ink reservoir. The tip of the tube is dipped into the ink, which draws a little into the tube.
3. Can My Tattoo’s Get Infected?
Not as long as you take care of your new tat. There is a section in the Ebook that covers healing methods in depth. Some people have trouble healing tattoos with colors they are allergic to.
4. What Are Some Bad Things For My New Tattoo?
Once it is healed, there is very little that will screw up a tattoo. The one exception is prolonged exposure to sunlight. (the other is scarring, but that is patently obvious).
- Well, unfortunately, it is. The newer inks are better at resisting fading but whatever you do, if you spend lots of time in bright sunlight your tats will fade (over a lifetime, not over a week). Best to try and keep them out of bright sunlight.
- No one wants to become a cave dweller just to keep their tats looking good, so just use some common sense. Think of your tat as an investment–slather on that sunblock so it doesn’t turn into a dark blob.
- Tattoo art has become very popular and people are getting tattoos for lots of reasons. Taking good steps in choosing the right tattoo, getting it applied properly and with the proper care is probably the most important things to consider when thinking about getting a tattoo. Read all you can about tattoo art safety and when you’re ready to get your tattoo, you will feel much better about your decision!