6 Ways Get Rid Of Dark Circles Fast
Dark discoloration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
What You Need To Do
1. Apply a little amount of almond oil on your dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
Do this every night, before going to bed, till you see the dark circles disappear.
Almonds are an extremely good source of vitamin E (2). The oil can be used as an emollient, as it has properties to make the skin soft and supple (3).
You can also dab a cotton ball in some cold milk or iced water, and apply it over the area, affected with dark circles. Regular use will lighten the dark circles and give a soothing effect to your eyes.
Preventive Measures to Avoid Dark Circles
Embarrassing dark circles can be prevented from emerging to a large extent by adopting the below given preventive measures.
- Take adequate sleep. Consider a hammock for taking a nap when you have a spare moment.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Treat nasal congestion as blocked nose also results in dark circles around the eyes.
- Avoid smoking.